To access the system for the first time you will need to create an account here. There, you will be asked to include this information:
Enter the name you use in your clinical practice.
Enter your email address. This is your unique user identification, which you will need to log into the system on all occasions.
Enter a password of your choice and confirm it in the field below.
4. Agree with the terms and conditions
After checking this box, click on “Continue”.
5. Confirm registration by email
You will receive an email from EVIGATION with a link to confirm your registration. To conclude the registration process, click on that link. If you don’t find this email in your general folder, please check in SPAM. If you still can’t find this email, please contact us at [email protected].
To log in, while on the homepage, click on “Log in” in the upper right corner. Then, enter your user ID and password into the boxes, and click “Continue”.
Once you have logged in, you will see your personal dashboard. This is where you can
keep track of all your activity. In the “Home” tab, you’ll find a summary of the main
actions you can make, such as submitting or reviewing a clinical case, or viewing
manuscripts of which you’re the main author or a co-author. You will also find there
useful information, such as the Guidelines for authors or a Word template for your
On the upper tabs, you will have access to different areas, depending on the categories in which you are registered on the platform: “Submissions”, “Reviews” or “Editor”.
Before you submit your manuscript, please check the Guidelines for
Please, keep in mind that all clinical cases must be written in English. Should you have any doubt, please contact [email protected].
When you’re ready to submit, click on the “New submission” button. This will take you to the “Submissions” dashboard. The submission process is presented in a series of steps. The tabs at the top display the steps and will show you your progress as you complete the submission. During the submission process, please do not click the back button in your browser as this may delete your information.
- The first question is “Consents”. Please, carefully read each topic and confirm point-by-point to proceed.
- Enter a title on the first box. Please, note the word limits for each
- Please use a straightforward clinical title that accurately reflects the subject of the case report, abstaining from using humorous words or a play on words. Do not include “Case Report” in your title, as well.
- Next, copy your abstract to the “Abstract/summary” box.
- On “Subject areas”, you can select up to 3 options from the list. You must select at least one subject area.
- On “Keywords”, you can select up to 5 options from the list. You must select at least one keyword.
- Then, click “Save & continue”.
- Click the first “Upload” button, select your main document file, and click
“Choose”. This should be the manuscript file (Word file), but not any images
or supplementary files. If you are submitting a clinical case with no
figures and no supplementary files, then all you must do is click “Save &
continue” at the bottom of the page.
- If you have additional files, upload them one by one to the following fields. You can submit a total of 3 additional files. Choose the appropriate file designation for each one of them (table, image or video). If you need to upload tables, please submit them as separate word files. Please do not use Excel.
- Images may be submitted as PDF, JPEG, TIFF or GIF. Video files may be submitted as MPEG, AVI, MOV and WAV.
- After uploading all your files, click “Save and continue”.
- You will automatically be added as an author. From here, you can add your
co-authors (maximum 6) by entering their email addresses. Start typing the
co-author’s email and the author’s name will display if the email address is
found. Then click “Add selected user”.
- If the author’s email address is not found, click on “Register user”.
- Now, write the clinical name of the co-author you want to introduce, and his/her email. Then, click on “Invite user”.
- Now all authors are displayed in the author list and you can confirm all the information. If there’s any error, you can remove any co-author and then add him/her again. When finished, click “Save & continue”.
- You can suggest up to 10 reviewers that, for any reason, you want to
recommend or don’t recommend to review your clinical case. A reason for
recommending a reviewer might be, for instance, that he is an expert on that
disease. A reason for not recommending might be a possible conflict of
- For adding a recommended or not recommended reviewer, click on “Add reviewer”.
- To find a reviewer, write his/her email on the grey box.
- If the reviewer is already registered on EVIGATION, his name and email will appear. Then, all you must do is select “Recommended” or “NOT Recommended” and click on “Add selected user”.
- If the suggested reviewer’s email address is not found, click on “Register user”.
- Now, write the clinical name of the recommended/not recommended reviewer you want to introduce, and his/her email. Select “Recommended” or “NOT Recommended” and click on “Invite user”.
- After selecting all recommended/not recommended authors, click on “Save & continue”.
- NOTE: Only with the editor assigned to your clinical case will know who you recommended or not to review the manuscript. Also, this is only a suggestion; the editor has always the final decision.
- Enter or paste your cover letter text into the “Cover Letter” box.
- On “Social media”, you can provide any Twitter handles (usernames) that you find appropriate to tag, including your own, your co-authors and your institution. This will help us promote your clinical case on social media.
- On “Funding”, select “Yes” or “No”, depending on if you received any funding for this work. If you select “Yes”, specify the name of the funder and the grant/award number. When finished, click “Save and continue”.
- On this screen you will be reviewing all the information included in this
submission. Carefully verify each field. Should you encounter any error, go
back to the appropriate field and change the data. Look for any error
messages at the top of the page.
- Once the corrections have been made and you return to step 6, select “I confirm that all information is correct” and click on “Submit clinical case”.
- A submission confirmation screen will display, and you will be sent a confirmation email containing the manuscript ID number.
- You will receive a confirmation email as well. You can keep track of your manuscript throughout the process by returning to your author area.
After your manuscript is accepted for publication, you will be asked to record a short video (max. 5 min) presenting the clinical case. You can find instructions on how to record and send this video here. The submission of this video is mandatory for the publication of the clinical case.
— Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
— Cardiac computed tomography
— Nuclear techniques
> Coronary artery disease
— Acute coronary syndrome
— Chronic coronary syndrome
> Valvular heart disease
— Aortic regurgitation
— Aortic stenosis
— Mitral regurgitation
— Mitral stenosis
— Tricuspid regurgitation
— Tricuspid stenosis
— Pulmonary regurgitation
— Pulmonary stenosis
— Multivalvular disease
— Prosthetic valves
> Rhythm disorders
— Syncope — Atrial fibrillation
— Atrial flutter
— Supraventricular tachycardia
— Ventricular arrhythmia
— Cardiac ion channel dysfunction
— Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
— Cardiac resynchronization therapy device
> Heart Failure
— Heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
— Heart failure with mildly reduced ejection fraction
— Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
— Acute heart failure
— Pericardial disease
— Right heart dysfunction
— Cardiac dysfunction in oncology patients
> Acute cardiovascular care
— Post-cardiac arrest
— Critically ill cardiac patient
— Patient after percutaneous cardiac procedure
— Patient after cardiac surgery
— End-of-life care in a critically ill cardiac patient
> Prevention, rehabilitation, sports
— Heart disease in the athlete (Sports Cardiology)
— Arterial hypertension
— Heart disease in diabetes
— Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
— Secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
— Cardiac rehabilitation
— Cardiac tumour
— Aortic disease
— Trauma to the aorta or the heart
— Peripheral artery disease
— Thromboembolic venous disease
— Pulmonary thromboembolism
— Pulmonary hypertension
— Adult congenital heart disease
— Pregnancy and heart disease
— Digital health in Cardiology
This is the beta version of EVIGATION - Clinical Cases Platform. This means that, although the platform is functional, we're still working on some additional features. As a healthcare professional, your feedback is essential for improving the experience.